Hello again, friends! I’m excited about this next blog post because it’s about something near and dear to my heart— traveling!! In the last few years, I have had more opportunities to travel than I ever thought I would and I hope that there will be many more adventures ahead. My family is going on a massive vacation soon and I can’t wait to get to our destination and make a lot of life-long memories. As I have traveled, there are certain things that I have found I cannot live without or that make the traveling experience a lot more enjoyable. Here below are some of the things I think are must-haves when packing, going to and from the airport, and throughout your traveling experience.
- Oversized sweater and scarf. I always get a little excited about pulling out clothes for the airport and these two items have become my favorite things to wear on the plane. I’m even wearing the oversized sweater now, that I will be wearing on the flight, just because I’m too excited to not. Lolz. Oversized sweaters are not too constricting and can be cozy to snuggle up in on the plane. I also love taking a big scarf to use for neck warmth on the plane, use as a pillow behind my neck, or just cover up with it if I’m still freezing. I almost always bring the same sweater/scarf when I travel because it almost doesn’t feel right without them. I’m all about the comfort factor when traveling, if you couldn’t tell.
- Comfortable shoes. Wether these shoes be flip-flops, Converse, or a pair of boots, make sure they are as comfortable as possible, just in case you end up wearing them for longer than you planned or if you need to run to your next gate. I rarely wear flip-flops or sandals on the plane because I am just a cold-blooded person in general, but they are super helpful to maybe wear as you are going through security.
- Moisturizer. My skin tends to dry out pretty quick when traveling, mostly due to the fact that I don’t drink enough water probably. I try to always grab a small tube of facial moisturizer, hand cream, and chap stick. Some of my favorite moisturizer products are Nivea hand cream (in the cute blue pan, you can find those in almost every drug store), L’occitane hand cream (a little more pricey but perfect for the special occasions), and the C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve (this works great as a hand salve and lip moisturizer). Also, drink lots of water before traveling and take an empty water bottle, if you have room, so that you’re not spending lot of money on over-priced airport bottled water.
- Camera. This one is almost a given but it’s so important. You never know when you come across the perfect scene to pull over and take a picture, an inside joke that needs to be captured on video, family pictures (if you have a large group like my family and don’t have anyone else to take the group picture, selfie sticks are acceptable….), etc. I will be taking my Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 and my Nikon Coolpix S9900. And make sure your iPhone or phone with built-in camera is charged as well.
- Reading and/or listening material. I LOVE reading. My suitcase is now super bulky because of the amount of books I packed. I love being able to pack actual books to read on the plane or on vacation, especially because my eyes start to hurt after staring at a screen and makes e-reading difficult. I’ve also started listening to podcasts again and have a few that I will be listening to. One of my sisters recently told me about the podcast channel called “The Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey” and I love this! Jamie talks with all kinds of authors, women of Jesus, and simply just has great real life, girl-talk. So refreshing!
I hope you have enjoyed this post and have found it helpful for any future trips you may have in store this year. Comment below with a favorite trip memory or some of your favorite trip packing essentials. Until next time!
Love from, Amy.