I have loved reading blog posts about “empties” through various sources, it’s a great way to learn products reviews to try or not to try. “Empties” reviews are when you keep a bunch of bottles/packaging of finished/empty products and then give your review of how they worked for you/changed your life/were less than amusing/etc….
Here are some of the products that I’ve used over this past winter and what I thought about them.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo. Just in case you don’t like the hassle of washing your hair every day, dry shampoo is a lifesaver. The sticker on the top of this specific brand is right, it’s the BEST. This brand comes in so many scents so you can switch it up when you run out. Batiste can be found at Target, Ulta, TJMaxx, etc. (I got mine from TJMaxx for a few $ cheaper). If you use this product sparingly, you can get by without running out for a few weeks.
- Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Dry Shampoo. Although this brand is cheaper than the Batiste, it was not worth it to me because it did nothing for me. When I bought a can from Ulta, I ran out in about a week because I had to use so much product to have decent looking hair. Even then, it still made my hair feel sticky and greasy. I probably won’t buy this brand again.
- Derma E Vitamin A Glycolic Scrub. The next few products are by the same brand, Derma E. This brand is all natural, paraben/sulfate free, and GLUTEN FREE. You wouldn’t think that would matter that much, but it does when you have Celiac Disease. I bought all of the Derma E products on AmazonPrime, as it was much (as in $$) cheaper than Sprouts, Whole Foods, Target, etc.. This product was pretty gentle but it worked so well for my problematic skin by removing dead skin cells and leaving my skin brighter looking and softer. I will buy this product again!
- Bare Minerals Bare Skin Serum Foundation. Awful. Bad. Broke my skin out so bad that I couldn’t even finish the bottle, which is a huge shame because this was not cheap. Since my skin is super sensitive and has so many acne issues, I can’t just buy bargain foundation (or any other facial product for that matter) from a regular drug store. Ugghhh. I will not buy this agin, which won’t upset me at all.
- Boots NO7 Beautifully Matte Foundation. I mentioned this product in my February Favorites and compared to the Bare Minerals, you can see that I LOVED this. Sorry the bottle is so dirty…..just noticed that. Anyway, this product was half the price of the Bare Minerals and I have already re-purchased and started another one. Great, full coverage for those with problem skin.
- Derma E Very Clear Moisturizer. This moisturizer was a pretty thick consistency and so you don’t need much and it lasts a long time. This is mostly a tea tree oil-based product, which is a natural antibiotic, and so it’s perfect for problem/acne prone skin. I loved this and will buy it again!
- PCA Skin ReBalance. A dermatologist recommended this product to me, along with a face wash that I’m still getting through, and it was wonderful. The scent is so fresh and it’s more of a gel-like consistency and dries fast. This is great for a nighttime moisturizer and leaves your skin rehydrated the next morning. I bought PCA products through AmazonPrime also, they were also much cheaper than the term office or the product website.
- Malin+Goetz Clarifying Clay Mask. I got this sample in a BirchBox and it was fun to try out, but I have to say that I wasn’t super impressed. Plus, the full-size product is pricey, so all in all it wasn’t anything to write home about.
- Derma E Hydrating Cleanser. GREAT product. It’s also very gentle but moisturizes very well. This is made with hyaluronic acid, which helps moisture sink deep into the skin. I will buy this again for the colder months.
- Derma E Vitamin A Glycolic Cleanser. Works wonderfully with the scrub! Very gentle and also works to clean away dead skin cells and leave skin refreshed. I will buy this again too.
- Simple Ultra-Light Gel Moisturizer. This moisturizer is more like a gel-water product. It is ultra-light and sinks right into the skin. Simple Brand products are also made originally in the UK and are pretty simple ingredient products (see what I did there).
- Formula 10.0.6 Picture Perfect Day Moisturizer. Alicia, I’m sorry I have used your “hate word” so much… This was also another great moisturizer to use in the day time. It smells like chamomile tea, so it’s super soothing and calming to apply and wear. This can be found at Ulta and is very inexpensive.
This has been a different kind of post but I hoped you liked it! If you have any thoughts about these products, or your own experience with some other “empties,” or even something you want me to test out, leave a comment in the box below.
Don’t forget that if you want to receive an email alert each time I publish a new post, enter your email address in the “subscribe” section of the home page.
Love from, Amy.