HAPPY 2ND BLOGIVERSARY!
Today is a reason to celebrate! Two years ago, on this day, I started this blog and it’s been such a fun journey! I am so glad that I started this blog and for what it has become! To celebrate today, I’m going to share with you some of my biggest takeaways from this past year and some of my favorite posts that I wrote. I’m going to celebrate with cake today and I invite you to do the same!
Do what you love!
On days when blogging can seem overwhelming, remember why you wanted to start blogging and don’t get lost in the rest. Remember your passion. And have fun!
Pray for growth and opportunity!
I think that God has given me the desire to blog and so I’m praying that He will continue to use me in whatever way that looks like. It’s been amazing to be a part of some conversations that have been the result of blog posts and the people I’ve been able to reconnect with. I’ve also been given some amazing opportunities to write about and I’m praying that there will be more to come.
Quality over quantity!
I have learned that I would rather post higher quality content rather than sub-par content–just to post a certain number of posts. This year I want to work on producing higher and higher quality content.
There is no perfect way to blog!
Your blog is your blog! Don’t compare yourself to others and enjoy your own creative process. Easier said than done sometimes, but remember that you have a unique platform to express your heart.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and to ask for help!
I have found that a lot of bloggers are so helpful when it comes to answering questions and giving advice. You will never learn new things if you don’t ask questions or seek out others to learn from.
Go to workshops and listen to podcasts!
What a fun way to learn! There are so many good podcasts out there that can help bloggers learn new information and tips. If you are a blogger or writer interested in going to a conference–I highly, HIGHLY recommend that you go to Declare 2018!
My top 7 from 2017:
- Awkward Much–this was a funny post to write! Here’s a little peek inside my everyday life and a little dose of transparency.
- Master Packing List for Carry-On Luggage–I have used this PDF so many times!
- Maine Travel Guide–this was a favorite because it meant I got to see my bestie!
- Living with Celiac Disease–a little bit of information about Celiac and what it’s like for those who live with it.
- Snapshots of 26–this was so fun to look back on my 26th year of life!
- Declare Conference Haul–this was also such a fun post because I got to talk about Declare!
- Ways to Style: Fall Outfits–I was really happy with how this post turned out because it was the first one shot on my Canon.
A HUGE thank you to my family, friends, and bogging buddies who have been with me every step of the way! Thank you for supporting me and encouraging me on the days when I didn’t feel like blogging was important. Thank you for always giving me inspiration and for asking me to write about things. Thank you for telling me to keep going. Y’all, it’s meant the world to me and I’m so excited for year 3 of Love from Amy! I love you all so much!